Monday, June 20, 2011

The Corner Drugstore

Apparently, I got everybody else sick. Sorry I haven't posted for awhile, but I was in bad shape--borderline pneumonia would be my guess. Anyway, I got through it and nobody killed me in my sleep (why the hell everybody thought the sniffles is the first phase of zombie-ism is beyond me). Now we've got 3 more people sick and they're all blaming me so I've got elected to go to CVS and pick up some Theraflu.

The irony of this is that I don't believe in cold medication--I think it prolongs the sickness while masking the symptoms. I wouldn't have minded going for vitamins or snickers bars or something, but this goes against my principles. Nobody much cared about my principles and I was feeling guilty, so I went and got the stuff. I found this on the back wall by the pharmacy:



It created a bit of a dilemma for me because on the one hand I really wanted to call out and see if there really was somebody alive, but on the other hand I had made it all the way into the store without a close encounter with a zombie and I was really hoping to keep it that way. I'm not sure if it was really blood they wrote with, but if it was, I think the message may not be entirely accurate. If it was the writer's blood, they're surely dead by now. If it was zombie blood, the writer probably infected himself while writing with it and is surely a zombie by now. You're in a freaking drug store--couldn't you find a sharpie? Even if he is alive, he's a dumbass and we don't need him.

Funny thing--I didn't see any stumblers on the way back at all, and none close up on the way there. Nothing in the store either, as far as I could tell. They must have all been off at a zombie convention, or something. Or maybe they're starting to decay and die off like I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment