Monday, December 5, 2011

Good News, Bad News

We found a motel at the corner of I-94 and Hwy 50. The sign on the door said they were closed due to a family illness and the sign was dated January 3rd. (gee, I wonder what the illness was?)
So we broke into the managers office and took all the room keys. We checked out 6 rooms and they were fine so we divided up and unloaded some supplies from the vehicles. We set-up one as a common room for meals. We had a good hot meal and were really excited about sleeping in real beds as we had been sleeping on floors for almost a year. The next morning I woke up sick - I had the flu. It just figures that I would get the flu now when I never had the flu before (never even had a flu shot) There was a Walgreen's next door, so they sent a team over there to grab whatever they could to help me. I am still not too good yet, but I think the worst is over. I figure it will be several more days before I'm good enough to travel. So far nobody else has gotten sick - just keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment