Friday, February 10, 2012

Hanging in there

Glad to hear you're still coming. We had a scare last night. Mothball trade with me--he was watching the patched hall last night (note to self--don't trust your life to a guy who calls himself Mothball). He fell asleep. How the hell anyone can fall asleep with two hundred of those things on the other side of a poorly patched wall is beyond me, but he did it. I found him in curled up on the floor in the morning when I came on to take my shift. I tore him a new one.

So I'm screaming at this guy. Everyone comes running to see what's going on--you know me, I never yell at anybody. Suddenly the wall crashes in and we've got like 50 zombies in the hall behind us. I don't know if it was the sound of the commotion, or the sense of that many live humans in the room or what, but whatever it was, they got that extra push they needed to break through the patching and get in. Now the newbies are screaming and panicking and running. Fo me and Shawn and Corey it's like "Here we go again--just like last time." Except I'm the only one with a gun on him (besides Mothball, who is now crying and running upstairs).

Corey went and got his gun while Shawn picked up a bat (my old blunt object in every room idea doesn't seem so dumb now, does it?) and handled the close quarters work. I didn't have enough bullets to drop enough zombies to clog the doorway like we did last time and I wasn't going to wait around for Corey. I just  dropped a few to slow them down and fell back to the interior doors. We bulked those up a bit when we came back, so now they're actually a semi-effective barricade, but I don't like betting my life on it. The other end of the hall has a more serious door, but it still need to be watched. Anyway, the doors are secured as well as they can be and the zombies are stuck in the hall, but they're in the building.

Now we've got two people watching each door at all times. And I thought we were paranoid before. I'm thinking when you get here you can probably just run over the outdoor zombies to save bullets, but it's going to be a bloodbath inside. We need to come up with a plan so we don't start shooting at each other while trying to hit the zombies in the middle. Let me know when you're close--I'll put the radio on so we can coordinate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment